Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Our little school girl......



Zoe's hair was in desperate need of a trim so I set up an appointment. I mentioned to her that we were going to get her hair trimmed. The night before she said to me, "mom I think that I want to cut my hair short." I told her that would be fine but she wouldn't be able to braid it or put it in a ponytail. To which she replied, "that's ok, I really think I want it short."
The next morning she brought me her American girl doll magazine, showed me Kit, and said that she really wanted her hair cut like that. So she brought her magazine to the appointment with and told Kim that is how she wanted her hair cut. She could hardly hold back her smile as Kim cut and styled her hair. Zoe's only concern was that it curl under like Kit's hair.
She absolutely loves her hair and has been so excited about it. Later that day she said, "mom when my hair starts to get long again I am going to cut it short again right away!" I think she looks adorable. I can't believe how much more grown up she looks. I guess she really is ready to head to school.


3 comments:

Kambria said...

Love her hair, she does look so grown up! Wish I could meet them all! Are you making your blog into a book? I admire your family so much, I love all the daily things, the family, the trips, the celebrations you record. What a good job you and your husband are doing! Oh and I really love the Christmas card you sent out that was a great photo and so fun effects.

I'm Dani said...

She looks so much like you Amy! I can't believe how grown up she is. So cute!

~The Swallow Family~ said...

Way cute haircut! I love it! Your girls are always dressed up so cute and you take the most amazing pics of them! Hope you guys are doing well!