Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day Fun!!

Brad was gone for the weekend rafting on the Lochsa so the girls and I enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and played. We had a picnic in the park on Sat and played until they were exhausted. (made for an easy bedtime!) Sometime after they were in bed I got a crazy idea to try and take their pictures in the morning by myself!! The idea went much better in my head but we still had fun. Taking your own kids pictures isn't easy but by myself was worse. Cale decided quickly she didn't want to take her picture!! I really did try and stay calm with her and ended up bribing her with anything I could to get a picture.


If you look closely you can see Cale and Zoe looking up.........it was because of the candy I had dangling in my hand above the camera. The power of TREATS!!



I had Micah balanced on my knee holding her with one hand and taking the picture with the other. I thought she still looked cute. If only she was looking at me. She is so much fun these days. She really gets excited when you talk to her. Her whole body gets to moving and she can't hold back the smiles.

Zoe was a big helper all weekend. She did anything I asked her to. She was an amazing big sister and her reward......getting to sleep with mommy. The minute Brad leaves she asks and is so excited to go to bed. We watched our Wedding video Saturday morning. As I looked over at her she was crying. She said it just made her happy and mommy was a beautiful princess. She is my sensitive girl.

The best part of the weekend came from Cale. As frustrating as she is at all times to me and just when I am ready to pull my hair out she slips in her sweet adorable side that melts your heart. I went to church with the girls today by myself. I had to leave twice with Micah and the girls did so well sitting by themselves until I got back. (I was never gone long) Cale was extremely loud today, threw fits over everything, and wouldn't listen to a thing I asked!! As I was sitting there wondering why I had attempted church on my own Cale reached over and took my cheeks in her hands and gave me the best kiss. Then she leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "love you mom." At that point the tears came and I couldn't hold them back. That is the reward of being a mom. They are few and far between but make everything else seem so minimal.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

What a sweet post. Your girls are adorable (I know I say that often). :)

FarrEver Family said...

Wow what beautiful daughters you have! What a nice wife your husband has. You let him go away on MOthers Day weekend? Seriously. You are nice, or crazy!:)

Julie N. said...

You are brave! All of the pics turned out great and the girls are so cute! I love the individual of Cale.

I'm Dani said...

Now I'm crying... That's the cutest blog I've read! Your girls are beautiful. That's the sweetest thing, Zoe crying over your wedding video. What a sweetheart!

Melanie said...

That is such a sweet story about Cael. They are wonderful sometimes arent they?