Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Zoe Turned 5!!

We just celebrated Zoe's 5th birthday. It is so hard for me to believe that she is that old already. Her first question was, "how many days until I get to go to school now." She was a little bummed when I said how long she has to wait. She was sure because she was 5 it was time for her to go. Then she stated, "that's not fair" to which I answer, "life's not fair but life's not fair for everyone so that makes life fair."

She only wanted to have a family party and a flower cake. She has been waiting for her birthday since Grandma and Grandpa came home from Italy. (The whole time they were gone she was told they would be back when she had her 5th birthday.) She had fun picking out decorations at the store and didn't exactly stay with the flower theme but she was excited about it all. Especially to make her "poster" to hang up. Cale and her had lots of fun coloring her poster.

I was going to let her help make the cake but I chickened out and made it all the night before. (mainly because I wasn't so sure I was up for Cale's help as well :) ) She was really excited about it when she saw it so that made me happy.


She was super excited about these star candles that she picked out. Her favorite colors are pink, blue, and purple.

She also really wanted to have a crown to wear.

She had to wait all day until daddy made it home from work for her party. She did get to open presents before dinner. I don't think she could have waited any longer.

Cale gave her some new jewelry and she hasn't taken the necklace off since.


Her daddy bought her an easy bake oven!! She loves it and wants to bake everyday!! YEAH! Only we didn't realize you had to have a light bulb so she had to wait several days until we got one to use it.


Cale was so funny as Zoe opened presents. She was jumping up and down so excited for the next present. She could hardly contain her excitement. She also sings the "Happy Birthday" song really well. Zoe was wearing around her new tennis shoes so Cale decided she should wear Zoe's new snow boots. When I asked to take a picture she pulled out all kinds of funny faces.

We celebrated the day before her birthday so Brad could be there. When she woke up on Monday I didn't think about saying happy birthday and she was pretty sad about it. She said, "I thought I would see you and you would yell, "happy birthday"." So on her real birthday I had to do it up pretty good. We took cupcakes to her dance class to celebrate as well. We had a fun couple of days celebrating our Zoe. We love you Zoe!!
She is 46" tall lin the 95% and 42 lbs in the 70%. She is healthy and smart according to the doctor. She was really upset because she had to have the flu shot when she went.

2 comments:

I'm Dani said...

Doesn't time go by too fast. I love the cake by the way! So cute.

The Wynn Family said...

That cake is awesome! Happy birthday Zoe!