Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Horrible Night to Remember...........


Last Thursday was a long horrible night for us. While getting the kids ready for bed I was holding Micah in my arms and giving Cale a piggy back ride. Cale was squeezing a little to hard, it caused me to blackout and I dropped Micah to the hardwood floor. As I was coming to I remember seeing Micah on the floor not hearing her but trying to figure out how she got there. After Brad filled me that I had dropped her we proceeded to try and console our little girl. Brad felt her head and found a weird flat spot on the back right side of her head that when touched she cried even harder. At that point we loaded everyone up and headed to the ER.
After several hours and a CT scan we found out that our sweet little Micah had a fracture to her skull. At that point my tears were uncontrollable. I felt like such a horrible mother even though the doctor tried to assure me that, "it happens". Brad gave Micah a blessing and took the other girls home. Micah and I stayed the night in the hospital attached by cables to monitors and an IV. She couldn't eat and keeping her from getting twisted in the cables made the stay lots of fun.
In the end she had no bleeding just the fracture so we were able to go home. She is fine and acts completely normal.
We are grateful for the help of wonderful neighbors, for priesthood blessings, and that Micah will heal and be fine. I couldn't imagine our life without our sweet, beautiful, smiley little Micah. Times like this makes you appreciate what you have and really makes you want to live your life right.
Sorry the pictures are no so great. We ran out of the house with nothing and the only thing Brad remember to bring me was my cell phone which has a scratched camera.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh....I'm glad your all doing okay. How scary!

FarrEver Family said...

So sorry for the scary experience. I am glad you are all on the up and up now. Sometimes I feel so blessed we live in the time we do with the technology we have.
God BLess!

I'm Dani said...

I'm crying. I'm so glad that she is okay. I'm sorry go hear about that, I can't imagine how you must have felt. Take care.

Aryn said...

How scary!! Glad she is doing okay!

Kristin said...

Glad to hear she is okay and doing well.

secwalker said...

Hey Amy - I just saw this. How terrifying that must have been for you. I'm so glad that you and Micah are doing fine.